Sunday 25 September 2011

Technology Standard

Camera Operation - I used a normal video camera to film my movie. My use of the video camera was a bit amateur and probably could have been better if I had access to a tripod as once I had finished my filming and I looked back on it, it looks quite wobbly and not very 'movie' like. Also at some points the lighting goes a bit dark so if I had of thought about that before I could have changed it to look better. But I think for my first time in making a real movie, i came up with some quite cool looking shots that come across very well when watching the movie.
Composing Shots -  I think I used a reasonably wide variety of different shots, for example i used close up shots of the girls when they were in the car talking. I also used wide shots when I filmed the car coming up the driveway and I used lots of normal medium shots for the general action. I think it would have been cooler if I maybe had used different angles more though because I really like the scene where I just show Rosey's feet leaving through the door and if there had been more like that it would be better.
Recording or using sound effects, dialougue or music - I dont think that using sound effects would have been appropriate in my movie because its more of a real life movie, not a cartoon. So instead I had a lot of dialogue between all of the girls as this was more "real life". The dialogue was also written as though they were typical teenage scatty girls which I think made it quite funny. I also used different music for each girl as a way to introduce the audience to the characters to what they are like. It's supposed to be the music they are listening to on their ipod and they are dancing or bopping their head to it. In the first girls scene I chose the song "walking on sunshine" because it's a really happy song and shows her emotions, that she is excited for the trip and the song shows that you would not consider her as a "rebellious" type.. In the second girls scene I chose "Party Rock Anthem" to show that this character is always up for a party and loves dancing. For the last girls scene I chose "Without Me" because its a rap song which can be associated with "rebellious" people so it shows that this character falls under that category.
Importing images and video files - Once i had finally found the cord to connect my video camera to the computer i found it really easy to import all of my videos onto the editing software as my files didnt need to be changed so I had no problems with this.
Creating music or sound effects - I didn't create any music, I already had the music files on my computer at home so this was easy to use them on my movie. I didn't have any sound effects.
Editing images for moving image production - Most of my clips just needed to be cut of at the end or start to make them look better and in some cases someone would laugh at the start or end and it had to be cut out, I found this quite easy to do on Adobe Premiere Pro as it was very simple and could be done quickly. I thought I did quite a good job with the filming of the phone conversation between Steph and Emily as I had filmed them both seperately but in the same clip, what I did was I had to cut these clips up at the right moment and join them all together at the right points so that it goes from Steph to Emily and so on. I also thought I did a good job at the end where you see the car backing out and then switch back to the girls talking in the car and then back out again to the car, this looked really cool and I was happy with how it looked.
Editing sound for moving production - I didnt change much with the sound other than when I wanted there to just be music heard I deleted the sound from the clips to make the music heard instead, once I had found out how to do this it was very easy to do for the rest of the opening. The other thing I did with sound was that at the end when the girls start singing in the car, i kept this going onto the next clip of the car backing out as I thought it would look cool and I think it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment