Sunday 25 September 2011

Evaluation

Positive aspects of the process - I think at the start of this unit I was very organised and had most things done on time like all of my pre-production tasks and I had finished my filming before the holidays so I was well ahead of time. I also think that my choice of actors for my movie was perfect for the characters I had created and it was really fun filming it all with them. I also think that I worked quite well with the editing programme because I'm usually not very good with complicated computer stuff so I did about as well as I could have with that. I'm also quite proud that I never got too stressed over the things that didn't quite go as planned, I just remained calm and I ended up finishing on time which is another bonus!
Steps in the process that could have been better done and strategies - I think that I should have found the cord that connects the video camera to the computer before I started filming as it took about 3 weeks to find it after I had filmed, even though I did find it in the end this would have meant that I'd have had more time to edit. My filming could have also been a lot better if I really thought about having cool camera angles and different types of shots as they are pretty basic and quite amateur. It also would have been better if I used a tripod but when i was filming it seemed like it wasnt wobbly at all, I only realised it was when I saw it on the computer. Using a tripod would have made it a lot better looking and much more professional.  Also once I'd found the cord, it took me a while to get started on editing the film I had interruptions like ski-trip and exams so I was not at school and not able to work on it, I could have been better organised with this and realised that I didnt have as much time as I thought and use lunchtimes as well as classtimes. My editing could have been a lot better if I had spent more time working on it because looking at it now I realise what else I could have done to make it look really cool but its too late =(.
How these changes may have affected the media product - If I had of made these changes I think my film would have looked a lot more professional and not so much like a home movie. At the moment it is very simple so if I had managed my time better I could have put cooler effects on it. If I had organised to use a tripod the movie would have been a lot stiller and better to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment